Wednesday, December 17, 2008

QUICK!!! A gift...

I thought I was on top of it all... snack for Ashley's pre-school Christmas party: check. Green shirt laid out for her "wear green day": check. Then I came across a well-timed e-mail from her teacher....
GIFT EXCHANGE!!!!
It was nearly 11 pm... I had spent the latter part of my afternoon running errands, and I did not want to go back out. What did I have at home?
Think, think, think...
Triangle crayons... (did you know they aid in the development of small children and their writing skills?) I bought these for one of Peyton's gifts, like she can really use the crayons, yet...
What to go with the crayons...
I had these little notebooks on hand. Cut cute paper, used the Xyron to attach it to the little book, ink the edges, tie a ribbon, and punch a cute little name plate...
There it was... my LAST MINUTE gift.
P.S. The little girl who got it, put both items to her cheeks and said, "I love them!!" She was even more excited when she discovered she could put HER name on it. And I was afraid it would be lame-o...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Mindy saves the day with her amazing skill!

kdance10 said...

Thats way cute. Good idea.

Ally0005 said...

Don't you just love it when kids love what they get. Alana is like that. She so loves her gifts.

BookwormMom said...

Way to go, I bow to you, Domestic Goddess!!!

Aartee said...

oh that looks so cute!