Sunday, April 27, 2008

let me explain...

so let me try to explain why there is a new appendage to my original blog...
don't you hate when you think you have that awesome recipe, or that your mom has it, only to discover that neither one of you have it, or your mom has it memorized but with her "mom measurements"...
example of "mom measurements":
me: "mom, what's your recipe for cheesy potatoes?"
mom: "oh, enough simply shreds to fill your pan, cheese, maybe two bags, some cream of chicken soup, some cream of mushroom soup, some cream of celery soup, a spoonful of mayo..."
me: "what kind of spoon?"
mom: "you know, a wooden one."
me: "your wooden one or mine? is it about a cup of mayo???"
mom: "(laughing) oh, i don't know, i used to have it written down, but i just make it so much that i just know it..."
see...
or like that crochet pattern i thought my grandma might still have, somewhere...
or that craft pattern i thought i had...
if i document these things, i'll always have the recipe, the pattern, the directions... and if you like the end result, you'll have them too! and so will my girls :)
so this blog's purpose is not cause i wanna be braggy...

and here's a page for peyton's book, minus the pic...
my inspiration:
thanks darlene for the darling outfits!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

you make the cutest pages... your so crafty!

Ally0005 said...

OK that is too cute.
I'll be scrap lifting

Rachael said...

That is really cute Mindy, I'll be scrap lifting as well.

BookwormMom said...

Plus, keeping all your crafty stuff documented in one blog will make it easier to find what you're looking for...or make it easier for me to find what I'm looking for when I'm trying to be crafty....

Oh, and remind me I have an idea I want to run by you....

Ashley and Devan said...

I am glad that you made this second blog.. you are so amazing with anything crafty! Love it!